logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lemonde  
#1 Posted : 30 May 2017 05:38:06(UTC)
lemonde

Groups: Registered

We were a customer with these idiots for 12 years and we will never go back. They took £372 of our money for another customer that they would not identifyCursing and instead of taking action to inform them they just kept our money forever and refused to help in any way.Angry

All I can say is that if this message persuades a few people to go elsewhereFlapper then that may help them save some of the money that we have lost to these scumbags. Crying

The support is useless and their system quite often fails completely and all domains stop working whilst they refuse to answer the phone - I think that they believe that way because they are quite cheap and so they believe that they can just get away with being crap. They are however, too crap for our business and so we are now out.

I warn you one again DO NOT USE 123-REG, YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!Mad

Edited by user 30 May 2017 07:11:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
lemonde  
#2 Posted : 30 May 2017 05:41:23(UTC)
lemonde

Created: 19.5.2017.
Category: Domains
Support Agent
Iulian
26.5.2017. 09:37

Hi,
I am sorry, but the payment was made from another 123-reg account for services that you do not own, even if

your PayPal account was used, we can not refund the money because that will also mean the termination of the

services, and that is something only the owner of the services can decide.
As we previously advised, the best thing to do is contact PayPal and they should be able to further assist

you with this.
Thank you for understanding.

If there’s anything else at all I can do for you please let me know and I’ll be very happy to help.

Kind Regards,
Iulian
123-reg

26.5.2017. 07:55

It is not charged legally when they have no access to accounts@, it is a fraud. Just so you have

that in writing.

26.5.2017. 07:51

if it was under my name then it would be my services. Is this all you can say? Just repeating yourselves?

Because the account holder has changed the name on the account you can steal our money and use the DPA as an

excuse? You received that money, not them.
I HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR BEHAVIOUR!!!
I HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR BEHAVIOUR!!!I HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR BEHAVIOUR!!!I HAVE NO

UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR BEHAVIOUR!!!I HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR BEHAVIOUR!!!I HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR

BEHAVIOUR!!!I HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR BEHAVIOUR!!!I HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR BEHAVIOUR!!!I HAVE NO

UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR BEHAVIOUR!!!I HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR BEHAVIOUR!!!I HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR

BEHAVIOUR!!!I HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR BEHAVIOUR!!!I HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR BEHAVIOUR!!!I HAVE NO

BEHAVIOUR!!!I HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR BEHAVIOUR!!!I HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR BEHAVIOUR!!!
Support Agent
Iulian
26.5.2017. 07:23

Hi,
I am very sorry for the current situation.
We would have gladly helped you with your refund request if the payment was made from a 123-reg account which

was also under your name.
Since you are not listed as the account holder, the domain which was renewed using your PayPal details can

only be canceled from that particular account with the solely request of the owner.
I would also like to point out the fact that when you use a PayPal for manually purchasing or renewing a 123

-reg domain/service, you are informed that the PayPal account will be used for future automatic payments. To

prevent any disruption to any 123-reg services we securely store the payment details on the account. This

allows us to automatically renew your services before they expire, helping to minimise the risk of downtime on

your site, or even losing your services altogether.
The unknown transaction which represents the subject of this ticket was therefore charged legally and it is a

legit payment.
I am sorry that, in this case, you did not recall in what account you have used your PayPal details to

purchase/renew a service. If you did not share your PayPal details with someone else, you should raise this

with PayPal and they should be able to assist you further in this matter.
I can assure you that it is not in our intention to cause any inconvenience to you, however, kindly try to

understand that under the circumstances, we are responsible for securely protecting our customer's privacy and

their services.
Also, as you mentioned, you have already canceled your PayPal Billing Agreement with 123-reg, which means

that your PayPal should no longer be attached to the other account.
Your understanding regarding this matter is highly appreciated.

If there’s anything else at all I can do for you please let me know and I’ll be very happy to help.

Kind Regards,
Iulian
123-reg

26.5.2017. 06:56

OK if it is going to help, here are the people who have taken over accounts from sircles
If it is any of these people then we can invoice them or least take them to court

26.5.2017. 06:40

I swear that this is the dumbest support I've ever heard of. You took my money o n their behalf. It is my

money and so it is my service. It does not matter who logs in. I am paying. I am the owner. Get me someone who

has some kind of understanding of money or business or crime or anything except someone going on about the

data protection act. My PayPal credentials are protected by the DPA and they are the part that matters!!
Tell them, whoever they are, that the payment didn't go through and that you need to take the money again. How

can that be an infringement? IT IS NOT THEIR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN YOU BE HAVING SO MUCH DIFFICULTY

UNDERSTANDING THIS?????????????

26.5.2017. 06:37

It is my money!!!!
What the hell are you going on about?
The data protection act - I don't care who they are - just give me back my money or you are an accessory to

theft which is a little more serious than the data protection act!

Support Agent
Iulian
25.5.2017. 08:45

Hi,
I am sorry about all the trouble you have been with this.
We would have been more than happy to help you with the refund should the payment would have been made from

your 123-reg account.
Unfortunately, as the payment was made from a 123-reg account that is not under your name and due to the Data

Protection Act we can not provide you with any specific details.
We will kindly ask you to contact PayPal as they can further assist you with this.
I hope you can understand our position in this case and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Iulian
123-reg

25.5.2017. 08:14

I think the problem here is that your system would not allow us to remove the payment details before sending

the account to someone else. If you are unable to tell us who we are now sponsoring then just refund the money

and ask them to pay again. How difficult is this to understand that we are not paying for these people? We

will take any action necessary to recover this money and bad list 123-reg simply by telling the truth to

everyone on the web who will listen. I couldn't care less if you disable their account, just refund our money!

25.5.2017. 08:07

What is happening with this now? Are you actually telling me that we have no choice but to pay more than all

of the money we pay in a year to 123 reg to another one of your customers for their service? Someone better

sort this out TODAY!!!
Support Agent
Cristina
22.5.2017. 09:21

Dear Sirs,

I'm sorry to hear about the decision to transfer your domains away from 123-Reg. A payment will not be

required to move your domains.
For .uk ones, transfers between registrars are free of charge and here is what you would need to do:
https://www.123-reg.co.u...from-123-reg-co-uk-2023/

In the case of TLDs, transfers cost a fee of 1-year renewal paid to the new registrars and the expiration

date is also extended.

https://www.123-reg.co.u...from-123-reg-co-uk-2024/
Regarding the unknown transaction, I'm afraid I must reiterate that you always have the option to dispute it

with PayPal if you consider it was not made for services that you requested.
The other account - where the transaction was made - will be suspended for suspicions of fraud and a fee of

£12.50 + the disputed amount instated.
There are numerous security checks in place for using a PayPal account, so the only way the original

transaction would have been possible is if the owner supplied the details to another party.
Recurrent payments are possible based on the billing agreement created when the payment was made.
Hope this sheds some light on the situation.
Kind Regards, Cristina
123-reg

22.5.2017. 09:06

Can we bulk move all of our domains to a new provider? Do we have to pay 123-reg to do this?

22.5.2017. 09:04

What er you going on about - I this money has been taken from us without our permission which represents an

intent to deprive which in UK law is the definition of theft and so we have no choice but to call the Police

in this matter.
Support Agent
Cristina
22.5.2017. 08:59

Dear Sirs,

Your point of view is understandable, however please also try to keep in mind that your PayPal account has

been used in another 123-Reg account, account that is not created under your name and that is why, due to

security reasons, we are unable to provide you with any further details as you might have provided your PayPal

details to a business partner or to another individual and that would explain the unknown payment.
An invoice for this payment has been issued on the 123-Reg account where the payment was processed and if you

recall providing your details to anyone, in particular, they can assist you further and provide you with more

details.
This payment has not been made in a fraudulent way as you were advised if a payment is made in an Account

using your PayPal details, these will be stored and used to ensure future renewals.
If you do not recognise this payment from May 2017, I will have to advise you to contact PayPal directly, as

we cannot process a refund unless the request comes from within the 123-reg account in question.
If such request will be made at PayPal, the 123-Reg account where the payment was processed will be suspended

and the services active there will not be manageable by the Account holder.
I hope this matter will be settled.
Kind Regards,
Cristina
123-reg

22.5.2017. 08:55

I know it is not my account - if it was my account it would be my product and I would not be contacting you.

Whoever used my account is not authorised because it is my account and I do not authorise. This payment needs

to be reversed or I will call the Police.
Support Agent
Vladut
22.5.2017. 08:26

Hi there,
Thank you for the reply.
I have looked into this and I managed to track down the payment made, however, this seems to have been made

for a different 123-reg account than the one you are contacting us from.
For security reasons, I cannot give out any information about the account in case.
Also, please bear in mind that the only way a PayPal payment method can be added to a 123-reg account is for

a purchase to be made and a PayPal billing agreement is created.
As the payment was made for a different 123-reg account we cannot refund you for this unless contacted by the

owner account so please try to remember if you have borrowed your PayPal details to a friend/work

colleague/relative.
Alternatively, if you have forgotten your login credentials, you can recover them by following the below

link:
https://www.123-reg.co.uk/public/lost-login/

Kind Regards,
Vladut
123-reg

22.5.2017. 07:13

Can someone please now find out what this is for as it is not for any transaction on our account?
Support Agent
Vladut
19.5.2017. 11:51

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am really sorry to hear about this issue.
Please bear in mind that since the transaction in question is very recent it can take up to 48 hours until we

receive the PayPal payments details.
Your understanding and patience on the matter are high;y appreciated.
Kind Regards, Vladut 123-reg

19.5.2017. 11:20

372 sorry

19.5.2017. 11:20

I want someone to promise they will get onto this as soon as they have the data please. I cannot afford to let

327 GBP slide.
Support Agent
Stefan Flavius
19.5.2017. 10:56

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for the update.
I am really sorry for this and I want to assure you that we aren't trying to make this process complicated

for you and that we are only trying to help you sort this out.
Usually, Paypal payments arrive with a small delay, therefore, the payment is kindly hard to locate at this

moment.
However, by any chance, you own or have another 123-reg account?
Once again I am really sorry about this and we are waiting for your update.

Best wishes,

Stefan 123 Reg

19.5.2017. 10:03

Just getting this far has wasted a huge amount of my time already which is more money down the drain.

19.5.2017. 10:01

What? Contact you in two days? You have £372 of my money with no explanation. Please try and do a little

better than that.
Support Agent
Andrew
19.5.2017. 09:56

Hi there,

Since the transaction in question is very recent, kindly note that PayPal provides us a complete report of all

the payments made at 123-reg via PayPal with a 48 hours delay therefore in order for us to be able to

investigate this issue and to track the unknown payment in our records, please contact us again two days from

now by updating this support ticket.

Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter.

Best wishes,

Andrew
123 Reg

19.5.2017. 09:13

accounts@ is our paypal address
Support Agent
Andrew
19.5.2017. 08:45

Hi there,

Please let us know the email address attached to your PayPal account as well, as I cannot see it mentioned

anywhere in your last reply.

Best wishes,

Andrew
123 Reg

19.5.2017. 08:42

https://www.paypal.com/gb/cgi-bin/web

19 May 2017 04:12:50 BST
Transaction ID: 51B3682680133502L

Dear ,
You sent a payment of £372.53 GBP to 123-reg Limited.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant
123-reg Limited
paypal@123-reg.co.uk
Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
£372.53 GBP 1 £372.53 GBP
Subtotal £372.53 GBP
Total £372.53 GBP
Payment £372.53 GBP
Payment sent to paypal@123-reg.co.uk

Questions? Go to the Help Centre at www.paypal.com/uk/help

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For

help, log in to your PayPal account and click Help on any PayPal page.

You can receive plain text emails instead of HTML emails. To change your Notification preferences, log in to

your account, go to your Profile and click My account settings.

Copyright © 1999-2017 PayPal. All rights reserved.
PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard

Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS Luxembourg B 118 349
PayPal
Support Agent
Andrew
19.5.2017. 08:27

Hi there,

In order for us to further investigate this payment, please let us know the exact date of the transaction and

the email address attached to your PayPal account.

Best wishes,

Andrew
123 Reg

19.5.2017. 07:04

I have just received this:
Dear ,
You sent a payment of £372.53 GBP to 123-reg Limited.
This charge is not on my account and so it is unauthorised. I have notified PayPal but need this reversed

immediately and our details withdrawn from whoever is misusing them in order to avoid any legal

unpleasantness.

Your response

Please add your message and click on the Update Message button to re-open your ticket.
If it is not our address or company name then you cannot be taking payment on behalf of it.

As advised previously this is a crime.

What a bunch of scumbags.

I should've known better than go through 123-reg.
lemonde  
#3 Posted : 30 May 2017 07:06:50(UTC)
lemonde

As you can see from the above, they really just don't give a **** Crying
lemonde  
#4 Posted : 03 July 2017 22:17:01(UTC)
lemonde

When we finally got PayPal to refund us they said they had spoken to other users that same day whom had experienced the same issues with 123-reg.co.uk and so this is not an unusual occurrence! Change registrars now if you are with 123-reg!